« Home | Newfoundland Quarter Recall » | Top 10 Most Powerful Celebrities » | Rollerblading: The Movie - Act 1 » | CBC Arts: Mr. Dressup to go off the air » | Back to Edmonton » | Brokeback Bunnies » | What an Asshole » | eBay Goodies: Pickton Soil » | eBay Goodies: Leonard Nimoy Mask » | Big Spanish Castle » 

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 

0.99999999999... = 1

By Billy Bob


Polymathematics: No, I'm Sorry, It Does.

Ok, my entire worldview has been shattered. Nothing makes sense anymore. I've read the proofs and the comments and scoured the math geek forums, and apparently, 0.9 repeating = 1.

I'm pretty sure this means the rapture is coming upon us, and if it's not, it damn well should be.

I am a defeated man.

I'm not sure why this is distressing me as much as it is. Perhaps it's because I'm logical, or perhaps it's because math hurts my head and I don't really grasp the concept of infinite. In any case, I hope the world doesn't end, but if the cosmos doesn't straighten this bullshit out, I may have to jump start the apocalpyse.

Search

Humor Blog Top Sites

Created by: The Super Lakeport Fantastics

Needs More Cowbell